Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thirtieth Surprise

Patrick's 30th birthday was March 24th and I got him good! I sent out an evite to mostly family with him on the evite. Then I decided to throw in a surprise and invite more people. My faithful party planning friend, Azu, helped me pull off this surprise. Because of Patrick's school and study schedule, planning get togethers is always a chore. I ended up inviting a lot of our friends at the last minute and then two days before the party we had to move it to a restaurant to fit all the peeps in. We had to tell him we moved the party so he wouldn't catch on when we drove to Bucca's instead of Ron and Azu's house. So, Azu came up with a great story. "Tell him Chassie had diarrhea all over the living room floor!" Now, Chassie is their dog and this story really seemed pretty likely as Chassie has had one thing wrong with her after the next. She was at the time wearing a cone around her neck so she couldn't rip out the incisions on her leg, which she had done three times before.

I thought the story would work. Who wouldn't believe another crazy Chassie story? So, I rehearsed the day of the party and then made the call. I was trying really hard not to laugh and I think he thought something was up. I had Curtis and Amanda drive him to the party. I told Amanda to be sure and be late! He was so annoyed with them... It was hilarious. He texted me to tell me they were running late and that he hated to be late to his own party. Then Amanda texted me and said, " He's really annoyed! HE..HE..HE!" It was perfect.

Everyone arrived at the party JUST in time for him to walk in and be surprised. We had a great dinner at Buca di Beppo. We love that place! I can't believe we're turning 30!

1 comments:

Kevin and Christie said...

Great update...happy b-day patrick!